Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

French philosophy on a broken heart

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

French philosophy on a broken heart

Postby careyxxx » August 7th, 2008 7:44 pm

What have French philosophers said about a broken heart? If philosophers go too far back, what do French people in general think when people tell them that someone has broken their heart?
Before time heals Pimpel Daniel's broken heart, can we have another dialogue where Daniel is whining about what Sweet Aurelie has done to him? Then the other person in the dialogue can give Daniel advice to get over it and remind him of what French people in general think of a broken heart. We could learn more grammar, learn more about Daniel, and learn French philosophy about people who are unlucky in love.

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » August 8th, 2008 11:07 pm

:roll: Hmmm interesting suggestion.

Give me some time to think about it and come up with an interesting lesson about broken hearts....and hope after the storm is passed!

After all there isn't any happyness without sadness, wealth without debts and the list goes on :)

Get 40% OFF
Celine
Been Around a Bit

Postby Celine » August 9th, 2008 8:34 am

That would be a great lesson !
Broken heart !!!
as we say in France : une de perdue, dix de retrouvées !!!! (one lost ten found)

:D

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

Postby careyxxx » September 1st, 2008 6:14 am

You said: "Hope after the storm has passed." Aurelie has broken Daniel's heart, but a 30-year-old Sylvia comes along to teach Daniel the ways of love. The sun is shining again, and it sounds hot. Which do you think French guys prefer -- an 18-year-old girl or a 30-year-old woman? It sounds like the American movie "Private Lessons" with Sylvia Kristel (Emmanuelle). I bought a used French Canadian movie rental of that movie on the Internet, but most of the French is way over my head. I think the French name for it is Les Devoirs des vancances.

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

Postby careyxxx » September 2nd, 2008 7:09 am

My lesson suggestion was not clear. Could we have a dialogue where Daniel gets over having his heart broken by Aurelie when an attractive 30-year-old woman comes along to teach him about love? Sometimes life is like that. We can only see something bad that has happened to us, but sometimes something better comes along. A dialogue like this gives people hope.

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » September 3rd, 2008 3:09 pm

I've not heard about that movie "les devoirs de vacances" or "Private lessons". I'll check it out on the net.
Concerning broken hearts and the scenario given, I will think about a dialog going that way.
It is true Careyxxx I agree with you. Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason and the best is to come. Most of the time we are oblivious of it. We can only see it when everything is done and one has moved one ! I'll make sure I'll incorporate that "view" into the dialog scenario!
Angèle

FrenchPod101.com
The Fastest, Easiest and Most Fun Way to Learn French.

http://www.frenchpod101.com
contactus@frenchpod101.com

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

Postby careyxxx » October 6th, 2008 7:55 pm

It has been 2 months now. Will the dialogue about a broken heart be coming out soon?

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » October 7th, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi Careyxxx.

Your idea of a broken heart lesson inspired me to create 3 Newbie lessons (season 2) about love coming up next January.

Each of them deal either with the ups or downs of anyone in a relationship based on love!

To give you a hint of what's coming in these lessons, here are a short sum up:
Newbie lesson #4 deals with French kissing!
Newbie lesson #5 is about jealousy.
Newbie lesson #6 talks about having 2 loves!
Angèle

FrenchPod101.com

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

Postby careyxxx » October 18th, 2008 6:22 am

Could you also include a dialogue about a person's first love? Sometimes things don't work out, and people have to move on with their lives, but they can also look back and feel grateful for what they had.
I sense a change at Frenchpod101.com. Are you people changing over to a bigger and better Frenchpod101?

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » October 18th, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Careyxxx
Yes I will create one intermediate lesson on a breoken heart and another on first love. You have my word. Just don't expect for these 2 lessons to be published soon. There is about a 2 - 3 months time window or even less.

Your guts tell you right Careyxxx. Fpod101 is evolving for the better. We are trying to reach for the best! Only time and listeners will tell us if we do or not!

When and if you have some weird language issue let us know, it might be a good source of inspiration for a new and fun lesson series. So don't hesitate to infuse us with your lesson series and lessons themes ideas!

Read you later!
Angèle

FrenchPod101.com

Return to “French Lesson Suggestions”