Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

1 on 1 Skype Chat and Premium Subscriptions

lavie
New in Town

1 on 1 Skype Chat and Premium Subscriptions

Postby lavie » January 22nd, 2009 2:54 pm

Right now I'm starting my seven day free trial. So far, I like what I see, but I do feel that learning a language through self study, while certainly not useless, is not as advantageous as having a qualified teacher to guide you through your studies by pointing out your faults and showing you how to correct them. For this reason, I am thinking about upgrading to Premium Status; however, before I do, I need to know a couple of things:

1) Is the one on one Skype chat a text chat or a voice chat?

2) How many times will I be able to chat with a live french speaker throughout my premium subscription if the one on one Skype chat is more than just one time?

3) If that Skype chat is only a one time thing, what other help will I receive from actual, live French speakers to help me improve my french? If none, then what advantages does the Premium membership have to the others?

P.S. I apologize if this is not the right forum for posting these messages.

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » February 6th, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Lavie

Here is a full description of the advantageous additional services we offer through Premium Plus Membership

1. Initial Level Check
This is an Oral Level Check done with Skype. Here we test you on all aspects of the French language, listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Using that level check we create:

2. A Customized Curriculum
based on your level assessment, you'll receive custom created lesson sheets.
Follow the instructions and fill in the form to help you study French through the language tools available at Frenchpod101.com.
Once the lesson sheets completed with your notes and questions, return them at your convenience or at the latest by Friday.
For each completed custom created lesson sheet, we then provide feedback via e-mail at the latest the following Monday.

3. Writing Correction
is available during the whole week. You can choose to submit daily one short paragraph of maximum 750 words in French.
We will be in constant contact via e-mail and a response will be sent back every day commenting on the short writings you created.

4. Office hours live written chat over skype.

Tuesday from 7 am to 8 am & Thursday from 7 pm to 8 pm.* (Time may vary according t your location)
The teacher will be online at these specified hours to answer any inquiries on Skype written chat.
Angèle

FrenchPod101.com
The Fastest, Easiest and Most Fun Way to Learn French.

http://www.frenchpod101.com
contactus@frenchpod101.com

Join by May 6th
gssq
New in Town

Postby gssq » February 18th, 2010 1:32 pm

Maybe you can have a service where we can practise our spoken French (which is, after all, the hardest aspect to learn)

Also, what timezone are the office hours?

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » February 18th, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi gssq

I completely agree with you. The next logical step would be to offer some spoken French practice.

The office hours are taking place on Monday and Thursday from 9 to 10 am at Pacific standard time.

I hope to see you there!

Angèle
Angèle

FrenchPod101.com

gssq
New in Town

Postby gssq » February 20th, 2010 1:20 pm

"Monday and Thursday from 9 to 10 am at Pacific standard time" and "Tuesday from 7 am to 8 am & Thursday from 7 pm to 8 pm" don't seem to match...

If one lesson starts at 7am and another at 7pm on another day, they can't both be from 9-10am PST

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » February 20th, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi
True it doesn t match. The previous faculty hour schedule ("Tuesday from 7 am to 8 am & Thursday from 7 pm to 8 pm") was imparted at first.

The updated schedule is Monday and Thursday from 9 to 10 am pacific standard time. If these can match your busy schedule. Let me know and we can make arrangements.

Angèle
Angèle

FrenchPod101.com

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning French”