Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Music!

sternwarte
New in Town

Music!

Postby sternwarte » May 12th, 2008 5:29 am

Je voudrais connaître un peu plus les auditeurs de FrenchPod101.com: Quel type de musique écoutez-vous et quels artistes français connaissez-vous et aimez-vous?
I would like to know a little more the listeners: which type of music do you listen and which French artists you know and like?

En ce qui me concerne, j’aime tous les styles de musique et en artistes français, j’écoute aussi bien des musiques peu récentes de la variété française comme Michel Berger et France Gall ou encore des artistes plus récents comme David Guetta pour la House !
In what relates to me, I like all the styles of music and as French artists, I as well listen to old musics of the French variety like Michel Berger and France Gall or of the artists more recent as David Guetta for the House Music! :D

Bouks
Been Around a Bit

Postby Bouks » May 17th, 2008 3:39 am

Le tube de Christophe Willem sorti l'année passée, ça m'a beaucoup plu. Merci pour la recommendation de David Guetta, je vais essayer de le trouver!

J'avais un beau CD des chansons francaises des années 30, je ne le trouve plus, mais je me rappelle que la chanson "Je Cherche un Millionaire" etait très charmante. Est-ce que c'est d'un vieux film?

Ah, j'ai oublié de dire aussi que j'aime bien Henri Salvador. Mais j'ai un coté "dark" aussi...ces jours-ci j'écoute Nine Inch Nails 8)

I really liked last year's hit from Christophe Willem (winner of France's "Idol"-type program, "Star Academy"). Thank you for the recommendation for David Guetta, I'll look for it!

I had a nice CD of French songs from the 30s - I seem to have lost it, but I remember a song called "Je Cherche Un Millionaire" that was very cute. Is it from an old film?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I like Henri Salvador. But I also have a "dark" side...lately I've been listening to Nine Inch Nails 8)

Join by May 6th
Celine
Been Around a Bit

Postby Celine » May 18th, 2008 3:57 pm

Moi aussi j'ai un cote dark puisque j'aime bien Nine Inch Nails.
Pour ma part, en rock francais, le meilleur groupe est Noir Desir.

Christophe Willem, j'adore. Et en fait, c'etait le programme "A la recherche de la Nouvelle Star" et non pas la star ac (star academy). Christophe (surnom "la tortue") etait mon prefere lors de la saison et il a gagne bien sur !!!

En ce moment, en pop francaise, la star c'est Christophe Mae (oui encore un Christophe, decidement... he Christophe, pourquoi tu te lances pas dans la chanson?... :twisted: ) et en plus Christophe Mae est plutot mignon

I also have a dark side as I like Nine Inch Nails.
I think the best french rock band is Noir Desir.

Christophe Willem, I love ! Actually, the programme was not the Star Ac (Star Academy) but " A la recherche de la nouvelle star". Christophe (nicknamed "the Turtle") was my favourite during that season and of course he won the competition !!
These days, the most popular french pop singer is Christophe Mae (yes ! another Christophe !! hey Christophe why dont you start singing too? :twisted: ) and Christophe Mae is good looking !

Celine
Been Around a Bit

Postby Celine » June 3rd, 2008 12:27 pm

Today, I was listening to Jehro.

If you dont know Jehro i strongly recommend to check his songs. He s originally from Marseille and he sings in English, Spanish and French.

Also, you should listen to Stephane de Pompougnac (Hotel Costes Series DJ), he is amazing !

vickie345
New in Town

Postby vickie345 » June 19th, 2008 10:32 pm

J'ai écouté un peu des artistes francais merci a mon correspondant francais, et récemment je voudrais en chercher.

J'aime le chanson "Plouf!" de les Wriggles. :D

I've heard some French artists thanks to my French pen pal, and recently I'd like to find some.

I like the song "Plouf!" by the Wriggles.

sternwarte
New in Town

Postby sternwarte » June 20th, 2008 7:41 am

What kind of music are you listen to Vickie? And are you searching for a french artist particularly?

vickie345
New in Town

Postby vickie345 » June 20th, 2008 1:40 pm

J'aime beacoup des styles, mais mes artistes preferés sont: Gnarls Barkley, Rush, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Palmy, Mika Nakashima, Origa, le chinois traditionel, Stevie Wonder, la bande son des filmes, Ayumi Hamasaki, Pat Benetar, The Police, Billy Joel, Chick Corea's Elektric Band, Duran Duran, Feist, Sia, Genesis, K-OS, RURUTIA, et un peu de Bjork et M.I.A. :lol:

I like lots of styles, but my favorite artists are: Gnarls Barkley, Rush, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Palmy, Mika Nakashima, Origa, traditional Chinese music Stevie Wonder, film soundtracks, Ayumi Hamasaki, Pat Benetar, The Police, Billy Joel, Chick Corea's Elektric Band, Duran Duran, Feist, Sia, Genesis, K-OS, RURUTIA, and a little Bjork and M.I.A.

Celine
Been Around a Bit

Postby Celine » June 20th, 2008 1:52 pm

Vickie345 ! wouah ! effectivement tu aimes tous les styles de musique.

Pour ce qui est des chanteurs et chanteuses francais :
Christophe Willem, Zazie, Carla Bruni (Mme Sarkozy :shock: ), Noir Desir, Christophe Mae, Jenifer, Jehro, Tété (a la faveur de l'automne is a my favorite song)....

En musique électro : David Guetta, Bob Sinclar, Daft Punk, Martin Solveig, ....

et puis il y a les classiques : Michel Berger, Charles Aznavour, Jacques Brel, Edith Piaf, Georges Brassens....

Celine
Been Around a Bit

Postby Celine » August 12th, 2008 10:45 am

Ce week-end, je suis allée à un concert de JUSTICE ! Ce sont deux DJ francais !
Quand ils ont commencé à mixer, j'ai eu la chair de poule ! Et puis ils ont mixés D.A.N.C.E. !!
C'etait fantastique : le son, l'ambiance ! La French Touch quoi ! :)

This week end, I went to JUSTICE concert ! there are two french DJs
When they started mixing, I had chicken pimples ! and then they mixed D.A.N.C.E
It was awesome : the sound, the atmosphere ! Well, The French Touch

Bouks
Been Around a Bit

Postby Bouks » August 13th, 2008 12:44 am

Where can we listen to a sample, Celine?

Celine
Been Around a Bit

Postby Celine » August 13th, 2008 1:00 am

Salut Bouks !!! Comment tu vas ?

well you can go to their myspace which is :

http://fr.myspace.com/etjusticepourtous

I hope you'll like it , moi j'adooooore !
:D

Bouks
Been Around a Bit

Postby Bouks » August 13th, 2008 1:08 am

Nice sound! Thank you!

I'm exhausted - I just got back from France, and on the last flight, we were delayed from landing due to a storm, and had to fly back up to Las Vegas to refuel and come back again and finally land. This, after two other exhausting flights! An awful experience. But we made it back safe and sound, thankfully.

Then I had to get my daughter ready to go back to school - in our state, everyone goes back really early. She started yesterday.

So it's going to take me a little time to get organized, but I"m still here!

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » August 13th, 2008 4:22 pm

Hey Bouks

Happy to hear you made it back in one piece!

Wow you got quite busy there traveling, then right back into your everyday schedule! Hope you got some time for YOU!

By the way, How old is your daughter?

Bouks
Been Around a Bit

Postby Bouks » August 13th, 2008 5:22 pm

Angele- thank you! Yes, it was a difficult trip, and now I am applying to go to grad school, so it's kind of chaotic.

My flamenco dance teacher is wanting me to do some performances already (I am not a professional dancer, but the dance is important to me). I don't think I have the energy to do them yet, but I will go to an event on Saturday to dance. I feel like I can't remember a single step right now though :shock: ! I didn't practice enough during vacation.

My daughter is nine years old, and just started fourth grade. She can speak French pretty well, because she spent a year in the French school system (CP). We brought back some of the Le Petit Nicolas series of books for her to read -- those stories are hilarious :D

Time for me? Well, here and there. When I am settled into my own school routine, I think I will feel less frantic!

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » August 13th, 2008 5:29 pm

Wow being a mother, a wife, a friend, a human being :D and so much more... I'm always astonished how women jungle with all of it! (and you post messages all the time TOO !!! :shock: )

Oh yes I love - Le petit Nicolas! He so fun! It's like regressing back when you we were 7 or so!

Well hope everything goes to plan! Enjoy your flamenco performance!

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning French”