Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Voice Recorder

klong3911
New in Town

Voice Recorder

Postby klong3911 » May 8th, 2010 8:37 pm

How do you use the Voice Recorder feature with each lesson? I assume I need a microphone of some kind to pick up my speech, but I don't know how to hook it up to my computer. Also, will I need to download any software? I tried looking under your Technical Support FAQ but could find nothing that referred to the Voice Recorder.

I am enjoying all the other features you have to offer; great resources and opportunities for listening/speaking practice. Thank you.

Poohbelle

Johnny4eyes
New in Town

Voice recorder

Postby Johnny4eyes » May 13th, 2010 3:02 am

Hi, Poohbelle! Most computers have a microphone jack that you can plug a PC mic into. You should be able to get a PC mic in any electronic store that carries computer accessories. Basic mics should not require additional software.

For a little more money you can get a headset-mic with a USB connection. Plug it into any USB port. If it's like mine (Logitech) the PC will launch an Windows installation program that will search for the headset's drivers via your Internet connection, and install them automatically. Pretty easy either way. Hope this helps.

John

Get 40% OFF
klong3911
New in Town

Postby klong3911 » May 27th, 2010 2:06 am

Got the USB-connecting headset-mic and it works great. Thanks!

Johnny4eyes
New in Town

Postby Johnny4eyes » May 28th, 2010 3:09 am

De rien, Poohbelle. Enjoy! :D

Return to “Technical Support”