Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

The French and Open-mindedness

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

The French and Open-mindedness

Postby careyxxx » August 23rd, 2008 8:07 pm

The French are more open-minded than people from other countries. They are more accepting of non-traditional relationships. Henri, a 40-year-old, and Aurelie, an 18-year-old, are in an intimate relationship. They are walking past swimsuits in a department store and Henri tells Aurelie that the swimsuit would look good on her. It is a male bikini bottom. She replies that women swimsuits have a top.

Can we have a lesson on the subjunctive mood where Henri expresses his wishes and desires regarding Aurelie?
I want you to go with me to (name of topless beach).
I want you to swim the same way as the other women (à la topless).
I want you to do as I say.

Off hand can you think of other examples of how the French are more open-minded?

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » August 26th, 2008 5:17 pm

Let me give you a sample sentence with "Subjonctive present":

Je voudrais que tu viennes avec moi.

Here are some other contexts when French people can be considered more open-minded:
1 - French pupils are more sensible to other culture and nations just by learning a second and third language.
2 - The education motivates personal and critical thinking and growth thru essay writing from High schools.
3 - French people when traveling in foreign countries are interested in cultural sites and guided tours.
4 - They also respect political and famous people private lives. They accepted ex-president François Mitterand revealed hidden relationship with another woman and their daughter Mazarine at his funeral in1996.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “French Lesson Suggestions”