Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

The strike, an advanced blog topic

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

The strike, an advanced blog topic

Postby careyxxx » June 2nd, 2008 12:41 am

Can we have an advanced blog about the strike? Perhaps in it, you could express your anger and frustration about how it has made things in your life inconvenient. You could also tell us what you think the future will bring: more strikes or your finding a way to deal with the interruptions in life.

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Strike lesson Suggestion.

Postby Teacherangele » June 2nd, 2008 2:58 pm

Hello careyxxx,

What a pleasure to get some suggestions for future audio blogs and see how involved you are in your learning!
Let me introduce myself, here is Angele, I' m the content writer of the lessons in Frenchpod101.
I am taking in consideration your request and work on it ASAP!

Have a great day!

Angele :D

Get 40% OFF
Celine
Been Around a Bit

Postby Celine » June 3rd, 2008 11:43 am

yes Great Idea.
I think French will never stop strikes. Its part of the culture, cheese, bread, strikes...

It s true that its realling annoying for your daily life but deeply inside, we do not disagree.

I remember my school days, we were desperately waiting for the strike to skip classes :twisted:

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » June 20th, 2008 9:18 pm

Hello CareyXXX.

The Advanced Audio Blog on the strike is scheduled on July 10th!

Hopefully, you will be able to wait until then and practice your French !

Read you later!

Angèle.

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

Another Advanced Blog Request

Postby careyxxx » June 21st, 2008 10:37 am

I would like to make another request for an advanced blog. I think it would be very interesting to read about "political correctness" in France. Are the French people sensitive to the feelings of the immigrants? When French people write editorials, are they careful to not make remarks that might sound racist? I remember a news photo about a protest with people saying «pas de rascaille» or something like that. I am sure you could write a superficial blog about what immigrants in France face in simple French. We could learn French and learn about what is happening in French society at the same time.

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » June 21st, 2008 7:06 pm

Hello Careyxxx

Some Culture blogs are in the process of being made relating to your request. One is about the French attitude and what could surprise immigrants newly installed on French soil. Another one is about do's and don't's on the beach during the summer season.

Enjoy the upcoming lessons and thanks again for your active participation on the site!

Angèle.

careyxxx
Been Around a Bit

Intermediate level - finding a lover and breaking up

Postby careyxxx » June 24th, 2008 9:54 am

At the Intermediate level, can we have dialogues about people falling in love and falling out of love? This is something pretty common, so I guess you have already thought about it, and there are lessons on it coming very soon. The difficult thing is how to make your dialogue stand out from all the other websites that offer podcasts. Perhaps you could teach us how to dump someone in French. Perhaps you could teach us to express how we are no longer happy in the situation that we are in and how to tell the other person to go away.

Celine
Been Around a Bit

Postby Celine » June 24th, 2008 3:05 pm

What a good suggestion ! :idea:

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Postby Teacherangele » June 24th, 2008 5:41 pm

Bonjour Careyxxx,

:D I like that idea too! Hmmmm we will defenetely take it in consideration and I'll figure with the rest of the team how and when we will incorporate it on the site!

I'll keep you posted right here!

Careyxxx you have great suggestions!

Angèle.

Return to “French Lesson Suggestions”