Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Share your Experience Learning French

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Share your Experience Learning French

Postby Teacherangele » May 30th, 2009 6:14 am

As one of our members named Wilson suggested, I 'd like for all of you learners of French to come together here and share your fun and weird experiences learning French.

Did you experience some mishap while communicating in French ?
Did people get offended when you thought you were using the most fine and formal French ?
Share it here and let's make it the best of it
Last edited by Teacherangele on June 2nd, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angèle

FrenchPod101.com
The Fastest, Easiest and Most Fun Way to Learn French.

http://www.frenchpod101.com
contactus@frenchpod101.com

Teacherangele
Expert on Something

Formal or Slang ?

Postby Teacherangele » May 30th, 2009 6:16 am

Let me tell you about what my father did to a British student while he was at the university in the region of Paris.

While studying, he was working part-time with a British fellow student and taught him some of the most formal expressions and vocabulary in French. Proudly knowing new words, he used them while playing cards in a competition among well-educated people. His opponents were getting more and more offended as time passed. My father's friend soon discovered that his so-called formal expressions and vocabulary were actually bad words.

The moral of the story? They are still friends nowadays and it has been more than 40 years!

The moral of the story ? They are still friends nowadays and it has been for more than 40 years!
Angèle

FrenchPod101.com
The Fastest, Easiest and Most Fun Way to Learn French.

http://www.frenchpod101.com
contactus@frenchpod101.com

Get 40% OFF
soleadd13
New in Town

Postby soleadd13 » April 21st, 2011 7:21 am

The superficial intent
benefit is that, as you apply these ideas, your golf and your enjoyment of the game will grow. However, the taylormade r11 driverunderlying motive is, as you are able to see gains taylormade burner superfast rescueon the course, you’ll be moved to alter your approach to life as well.

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning French”