Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Best way to learn using this site?

emilypinkgitlin4314
New in Town

Best way to learn using this site?

Postby emilypinkgitlin4314 » August 20th, 2011 1:09 am

Does anyone have suggestions on using this site to learn french? See I just started using this site, maybe I just need to use it for longer, but I'm having a hard time learning.
See I've been taking french for 6 years at school, but I really can't speak hardly any french at all, and I can only use the present tense. I'm very embarrassed about this but decided it was time to seek help and outside resources.
SO... whats the best way to use this resource? Should I repeat audio lessons over and over? Repeat videos? Print out things from the site and use them to help with audio and video lessons?

aliciaminer7028
New in Town

Re: Best way to learn using this site?

Postby aliciaminer7028 » August 25th, 2013 3:39 pm

Hello! I have the same problem! I have been studied French for a long time, I speak a little, I understand better than I speak, I saw this site and I enrolled, to be able to practice, but for me is also very difficult to follow it...I guess that may be using it more often I will understand how to take advantage of it.

Get 40% OFF
tky_intern_01
New in Town

Postby tky_intern_01 » August 30th, 2013 2:24 am

Bonjour Alicia and Emily!

Thank you for your interest in French, and thank you a lot for being here with us!
I understand you can be lost with all the material here.

Since you're telling almost the same story, you should train to pronounce by repeating the vocabs and sample sentences.
Listen to French everyday : our lessons, of course, but I recommend also to watch French TV, TV shows, movies, songs...
I have learned -and I'm still learning- many languages and this is an efficient way to train to speak and train your ears too.
If you can, I'd recommend too to find some Natives to speak with ;)

Please feel free to comment too, in French, ask me everything you need! I'm here to help you!

I hope this helps!
Regards,
Mélanie
Team FrenchPod101.com

junujinnie_86120
New in Town

Postby junujinnie_86120 » January 14th, 2015 7:39 am

I have been learning Spanish from a Chac-mool.com They have great lessons and techniques to teach students better Spanish. I wish I can get the same service in here also. I wish to know French to impress my friends and have better career options. :)

team.relationships
New in Town

Postby team.relationships » January 15th, 2015 6:02 am

Hi junujinnie!

Thank you for posting and Welcome to FrenchPod101.com!
I hope you will enjoy our site the best :D

Feel free to ask questions, and you can also check out SpanishPod101.com !

Have a great day!
Engla
Team FrenchPod101.com

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning French”