Start Learning French in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

iTunes has stopped loading

SueHobbs
New in Town

iTunes has stopped loading

Postby SueHobbs » March 30th, 2010 5:47 am

Can anyone help me please? I have a premium feed for French lessons. I tried to open iTunes today on my computer. It looked like it downloaded something from my feed. But it got as far as "loading" and simply won't go any further. Now i can't access my iTunes library at all.

I did change my password yesterday, which is working fine for this website, but may be locking up itunes.

Thanks
Sue :(

Johnny4eyes
New in Town

iTunes problem

Postby Johnny4eyes » April 1st, 2010 2:16 am

Hi, Sue.

I don't think the problem is with FrenchPod. I just launched iTunes and downloaded the last couple of newly-available lessons. One of them is a video (S2 # 12, "It's a Jungle Out Here"). That's a large file which, if it got corrupted during download, might have corrupted your copy of iTunes. Your FrenchPod password should have nothing to do with your iTunes problem, especially if your whole library is now unavailable.

You said something started downloading but you don't say what. Do you have a broadband connection? The latest version of iTunes? If all else fails, you might want to try reinstalling iTunes if you still have the last installation file, or re-download it from Apple. Hope that helps!

John

Join by May 6th
SueHobbs
New in Town

problem with iTunes

Postby SueHobbs » April 1st, 2010 7:17 am

Bonjour John

Merci pour votre reponse.

I have printed out your reply and will get my husband (it IT professional after all) to have a look at it. Yes, I have broadband and the latest software for iTunes.

Several days later, the message "loading" is still there. However, i recievedtwo new podcasts today, one from FrenchPod101.com and one from another source. Hooray, I thought, the problem is fixed - but no, the "loading" sign is still there. i can access my library, but not the iTunes site to purchase anything new.

I have deleted the old feed and installed a new one without any problem at all, so it certainly should not be a password problem now. i just need to get rid of the message and get into the iTunes store!

Merci encore une fois John.

Au revoir!
Sue

SueHobbs
New in Town

Resolved! Couldn't log in to iTunes store.

Postby SueHobbs » April 3rd, 2010 5:38 am

Bonjour tous le mond. Je suis heureus a dire que mon homme has been able to fix the problem. i still run out of french pretty quickly, but i am improving every day.

The solution was to Edit> Preferences > Parental Controls to restrict access to iTunes store but allow access to iTunes U. Apply this change, then reset it, and log back in to iTunes. As to why it works, he is guessing it is something to do with forcing it to re-authenticate. My French would never have been able to say all that.

Merci pour votre aide.

Au revoir.
Sue

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning French”